Have Questions About Faux Wood Blinds in Denver, CO?
Custom faux wood blinds combine the beauty of natural wood with functional, affordable window coverings for homeowners to achieve an elegant look while staying within their budget. Our beautifully designed Hunter Douglas faux wood blinds are becoming increasingly popular for homeowners in Castle Rock and Denver, CO, providing a cost-effective, reliable solution for window covering needs of all types and sizes.
When you choose Value Blinds and Shutters for your faux wood blinds installation, you can select from several options, including moisture-resistant composite blinds and teak, faux wood blinds. Our team of experts can help you choose the perfect faux wood blinds for your home. Below, we have answered some of the most recently asked questions we get about our collection of faux wood blinds. Call us today to learn more!
What Is Faux Wood Made Of?
There are two types of faux wood blinds available, PVC/vinyl and composite wood. Value Blinds and Shutters offers stained or painted wood blinds, including bass, cherry, oak, and composite wood, which provides an up-scale “realistic” look. While vinyl is a cheaper material, composite wood offers the same level of durability.
Are Faux Wood Blinds Blackout Blinds?
No. Customers need to understand that while they may be great for energy efficiency, faux wood blinds are not considered blackout blinds and won’t effectively darken a room completely due to all the holes and light gaps in the blinds design.
What Are the Benefits of Faux Wood Blinds?
Some homeowners don’t realize how many benefits are associated with installing faux wood blinds. Once they choose faux wood blinds, they’re often thrilled, and we hope you will be too. Some of the benefits of choosing Hunter Douglas faux wood blinds for your home in Colorado include:
- Durability – Made from polymer materials and UVA inhibitors, faux wood blinds are extremely durable. They’re designed to ensure they don’t crack, chip, peel, or discolor over time.
- Variety – When you choose Value Blinds and Shutters for your faux wood blinds installation, you can personalize the color, slat size, and stain. You can choose from rich wood grains, neutral colors, whites, and a smooth or textured finish.
- Easy to Clean – Faux wood blinds are easy to clean and built to last. Their horizontal slats can be easily wiped down or dusted.
- Reliability – When you choose faux wood blinds, you’ll benefit from a heavy-duty and crash-proof cord lock, so they will continue operating flawlessly for many years to come.
- Operation – You can choose from cordless or motorized faux wood blinds to make them easy to operate.
What Types of Faux Wood Blinds Are Available?
Faux wood blinds offer many of the same features as real wood blinds at an affordable price. Our experts can help you choose which option is the best solution for your window treatment needs. You can choose from our three types of beautiful Hunter Douglas faux wood blinds:
- Solid PVC – Solid PVC faux wood blinds are made from a moisture-proof poly material used in PVC piping. Additionally, this type features UV inhibitors to make them durable and long-lasting.
- Composite – Composite wood is lighter than solid PVC and provides enhanced insulation. The slats on composite faux wood blinds are designed with a natural texture, mimicking real wood blinds.
- Wood Core – Wood core faux wood blinds are made with a wood pulp center similar to particleboard, which allows you to get a more realistic wood grain appearance. Wood core is a high-end option for faux wood blinds and will not warp or crack.
Are Faux Wood Blinds Energy-Efficient?
Faux wood is an insulating product, which means it can be great for increasing your home’s energy efficiency. By installing faux wood blinds over a window, you can effectively block out light and heat to help lower your energy bills.
Choose Us Custom Faux Wood Blinds Installation
If you’re in the market for new faux wood blinds for your windows, Value Blinds and Shutters in Denver can help you through every step of the process. We install Hunter Douglas blinds, so you’ll enjoy an industry-leading brand offering beautifully designed window coverings. We invite you to visit our showroom in Castle Rock or contact us to schedule an in-home consultation, and our team will bring the showroom to you!