What qualities do you look for in new window coverings? Style, functionality, and price certainly come into play, as do maintenance, durability, and longevity. After all, before installing new window coverings, you want the confidence of knowing your investment will last.
That’s where plantation shutters enter the picture. You might buy them because they’re beautiful, versatile, and affordable, but window shutters also offer impressive longevity. Here’s what you need to know about choosing long-lasting shutters.
Typical Lifespan of Plantation Shutters
As long as you choose high-quality shutters, there’s no reason they shouldn’t last 10, 20, even 30 years or more! To help you select the best shutters, consider the brand, material, manufacturing location, and warranty coverage.
Hunter Douglas offers everything you want and more. This US-based manufacturer produces window treatments in a variety of high-end materials, all of which are backed by a limited lifetime warranty for your complete peace of mind. In other words, you can expect Hunter Douglas plantation shutters to last a lifetime!
Longest-Lasting Window Shutters
Not all window shutters are created equal. Low-quality materials, construction processes, or installation work could cause some versions to fail prematurely. Luckily, Hunter Douglas shutters are made to last. Here are your options:
- Heritance Hardwood Shutters are constructed of genuine hardwood with a multi-coat finish for long-lasting beauty and durability.
- NewStyle Hybrid Shutters are made from a wood composite material co-extruded with polypropylene. This construction mimics the strength and warmth of solid wood with less maintenance required.
- Palm Beach Polysatin Shutters feature interior aluminum bracing and a water-resistant coating perfect for kitchen and bathroom installations.
Plantation Shutter Maintenance Requirements
Not only are plantation shutters durable, but they also have minimal maintenance requirements. A quick wipe down with a damp cloth followed by a pass with a dry cloth is all you need to remove dust and keep your shutters looking great. Then, if the slats come loose and fail to stay in the desired position, simply adjust the screws on each side of the shutter to increase the tension.
Help Your Plantation Shutters Last as Long as Possible
Caring for and maintaining your plantation shutters is easy. Here are some tips to prolong the life of your window coverings:
- Dry damp shutters promptly to prevent warping.
- Never clean shutters with silicon-based products.
- Avoid over-tightening the screws when making an adjustment.
- Repair dents or scratches with touch-up paint from the manufacturer.
- Before operating bi-folding or sliding shutters, close the blades to prevent damage.
If you’re looking to install high-quality plantation shutters in your Denver-area home, look to Value Blinds & Shutters for great prices on Hunter Douglas window coverings. We have over 18 years of experience supplying and installing the highest quality plantation shutters, blinds, and shades. To request a free in-home consultation, please call us at 303-663-8120 or contact us online. You can also visit our showroom in Castle Rock on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm.