As smart homes become increasingly commonplace, motorized window coverings continue to grow in popularity. The ability to adjust your blinds with the touch of a button—or even your voice—offers endless benefits. But are motorized blinds expensive? Consider the factors that influence the cost of automated window coverings and why the investment might be worth it.
What Affects the Cost of Motorized Blinds?
Several factors come into play here:
- Material: Options range from aluminum and vinyl to wood and faux wood. Your material choice significantly impacts the price, with aluminum and vinyl blinds generally costing less than their wood and wood-look counterparts.
- Size and shape: Large picture windows or bay windows with multiple panes require more material, while oddly shaped windows may require customization. All of these factors increase the cost of your blinds.
- Brand: Not all motorized blinds are created equal. Companies like Hunter Douglas offer high-end options that combine top-tier materials with advanced automation technology.
- Type of motorization: Basic motorized blinds have an electric motor and a cordless wand, which you touch to move the blinds up or down. Conversely, complete automation lets you control your blinds with a remote, a smartphone app, or your voice (if you have a compatible smart home system like Alexa or Google Home). As you might expect, complete automation requires a higher investment than basic motorized blinds.
- Installation: Professional installation ensures your blinds are correctly fitted and operate smoothly. While this increases the initial investment, it often pays off in the long run, reducing the need for future maintenance or replacements.
Motorized Blinds are an Investment Worth Making
The cost of motorized blinds might be higher than traditional window treatments, but their benefits outweigh the initial cost for several reasons:
- Great addition to any home automation system: Fully automated blinds maximize convenience, letting you control your blinds hands-free. This is especially beneficial if you have limited mobility or your window treatments are hard to reach.
- Energy efficiency: With programmable settings, your blinds can adjust themselves based on the sun’s position throughout the day, regulating your home’s sun exposure and reducing energy costs.
- Privacy and security: Ask your smart home assistant to close the blinds for instant privacy and darkness without getting up. You can even program your motorized blinds to open and close at certain times, giving the impression that someone’s home when you’re away.
Install Motorized Blinds in the Denver Area
If you’re looking for quality motorized blinds at a competitive price, look no further than Value Blinds & Shutters. As an established company with over 18 years of experience, we offer an extensive range of motorized blinds, including several options from the esteemed Hunter Douglas brand. Each product we sell is expertly crafted to ensure durability and functionality.
To learn more about the convenience, beauty, and value of motorized blinds, please call us at 303-663-8120 or contact us online. You can also visit our showroom in Castle Rock on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm to try out some of our most popular motorized window treatments.