Hunter Douglas Interior Shutter FAQ
Our Hunter Douglas Shutters Are Built to Last
Have you considered installing interior shutters for your home or business in Castle Rock and Denver, CO? Interior shutters are a great addition to any space and have grown in popularity in recent years due to their classic style and durability. At Value Blinds and Shutters, we carry only the highest quality products at competitive prices. Our premier Hunter Douglas shutters resist damage such as warping and fading and are available in various colors, sizes, and styles that are built to last. Our collection includes shutters that will perfectly suit any existing interior design.
Below, we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions we get about our state-of-the-art Hunter Douglas shutters crafted by the industry’s leading name. Our shutters are not only pleasing to the eye but they are known for their reliability and last a lifetime. Call us today to learn more about our collection!
What Are Interior Shutters?
Interior shutters are window coverings made of faux or natural wood. Shutters feature a rigid frame and louvers that tilt. While traditional styles of blinds can be raised to the top of the window frame, shutters can be opened for a complete view. They’re also cordless, making them a safer choice for homeowners who have children and pets.
What Are the Benefits of Shutters?
Several home and business owners make the switch from traditional blinds to shutters for a variety of benefits. Not only do they provide ample shade on extra sunny days, but they allow for privacy, storm protection, energy efficiency, security, and the ability to fully customize them to complement the existing design of your home.
How Are They Installed?
The installation of interior shutters is a fairly simple process. They can be mounted inside or outside a window frame, with a panel attached to the frame with hinges that allows the shutters to swing open or close. Our expert installers are committed to ensuring your installation process gets done right the first time and offer free installation for customers throughout Denver, CO, and the surrounding areas.
We will custom design your new shutters, fit them to your window’s exact size specifications, and install them promptly and efficiently. With nearly two decades of experience, you can be sure our highly trained team will deliver a stunning finished product that will last a lifetime and increase the value of your home.
Are They Durable?
Interior shutters are extremely durable and are considered an investment that could last up to 20 years or more. They’re so durable because once they’re installed and affixed to your window frame, they’re considered a permanent fixture in your home. In addition to adding long-lasting beauty to your home, they will increase the value of your home and make it more appealing for potential home buyers.
Do They Increase Energy Efficiency?
Any level of protection separating a window from the outside elements will provide an amount of insulation to help increase your home’s energy efficiency. Interior shutters provide insulation and noise reduction due to their hollow structure. While your shutters won’t eliminate noises such as trains, roadways, and barking dogs, they will help lessen those sounds when the shutters are completely closed.
How Are Shutters Maintained?
As with any fixture in your home, maintenance is key to ensure it lasts as long as possible. Interior window shutters are durable and reliable, but it’s important to do a few simple things to keep them clean and functional. The following tips will help you keep your shutters in great condition for many years to come:
- Clean your shutters gently using warm water and dish soap. Dry them with soft microfiber towels.
- Don’t use harsh, abrasive chemical cleaners or hard water to wipe down your shutters. This can lead to scratches, discoloration, watermarks, and even cracks.
- If you have natural wood shutters, it’s important to remember not to use water to clean them. Instead, use wood polish and a dry cloth. You can use a toothbrush with soft bristles to get rid of dirt or debris.
- Dust your shutters at least once per week and tilt the slats up and run a vacuum hose over them.
What Styles of Hunter Douglas Shutters Are Available?
Our wide selection of Hunter Douglas shutters offers a variety of styles, colors, materials, and versatile functions for windows of all sizes. All our shutter styles are reliable, elegant, and provide long-lasting life and style in any setting. We have the following Hunter Douglas interior window shutter styles available:
- Heritance Hardwood Shutters – These shutters offer maximum strength, long-lasting performance, and come in an elegant and durable design.
- NewStyle Hybrid Shutters – Our Hunter Douglas NewStyle Hybrid shutters combine strength with a modern look into one perfect design. These shutters are a versatile complement to any space and are available at an affordable price.
- Palm Beach Polysatin Shutters – Our beautiful Hunter Douglas Palm Beach Polysatin shutters are perfect for hot, humid environments offering a powerful, UV-resistant design. Additionally, they’re created to be resistant to chipping, cracking, warping, and fading.
Contact Value Blinds and Shutters Today
For nearly two decades, Value Blinds & Shutters has been a trusted leader for home and business owners throughout Castle Rock, Denver, and the surrounding areas looking to add stunning, functional window treatments to their property.
We proudly partner with Hunter Douglas, an industry leader in window coverings, to offer customized solutions for businesses and homeowners throughout the Douglas County area. We invite you to visit our showroom in Castle Rock or contact us to schedule an in-home consultation, and our team will bring the showroom to you!