Do you love having out-of-town guests stay over? Help them enjoy their home away from home by outfitting your guest room with a comfy bed, versatile window coverings, and little luxuries they’ll love.
Pamper Your Guests with Luxurious Bedding
Your guests have had a long travel day and want a good night’s rest. Don’t leave them your old hand-me-down mattress to toss and turn on all night. Instead, help your guests feel pampered with a brand new mattress. You might also top your existing mattress with a memory foam topper to give it new life.
Then, go all out with the linens and pillows. High thread counts feel soft to the touch and ensure a good night’s sleep. If your guests bring their kids, it’s considerate to offer an air mattress. And remember, always wash the sheets before guests arrive so they have a clean, fresh place to sleep.
Get the Window Treatments Right
Your guests may prefer a certain level of light in the morning. Some may want blackout window treatments so they can sleep in. Others may enjoy natural light streaming in the window so they can wake up with the sun. Give your guests the option to customize their experience with high-quality window treatments.
Cellular shades are one choice. Multifunctional designs let you black out the room or allow light to filter in, depending on how your raise and lower the shades. Plantation shutters are another good option, with louvers that either block the sun or let light stream in at various intensities. Blinds work as well, especially when combined with curtains so your guests can further customize the light level.
Add Some Finishing Touches
Spending the night at someone else’s house can make guests feel like a burden, even if they’re family members. Make sure your guests know they are welcome any time with these simple hotel-inspired luxuries:
- Set a vase of flowers on the dresser to greet your guests when they walk into the room.
- Place matching, freshly washed towels and washcloths on the foot of the bed or in the guest bathroom.
- Leave a few water bottles in the guest room.
- Make sure at least two outlets are easily accessible for guests to charge their phones and other devices.
- Hang empty hangers in the closet and leave a few dresser drawers empty so extended-stay guests can unpack and get comfortable.
- Set a fan in the room and lay an extra blanket on the bed so your guests can control the room’s temperature while they sleep.
Shop for the Perfect Guest Room Window Treatments
For help selecting and customizing your guest room window treatments, turn to Value Blinds & Shutters. We have served Colorado homeowners for over 18 years, offering premium-quality products from Hunter Douglas and other top brands. Call us at 303-663-8120 to get started with a free in-home consultation. You can also visit our showroom in Castle Rock on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm.