When you’re decorating, there are so many decisions to make! Once you’ve chosen your paint colors and floorings, it’s time for the daunting task of deciding on window treatments. The options are vast and the decision can be difficult, but here are some compelling reasons to pick shutters as your window treatment of choice.
- Shutters are stylish and match any décor. Whether your style is modern, transitional, or traditional, you can find shutters that will look perfect in your space. They can be made of different materials in various colors and shades, so that they’ll look right at home in your home. You can even create custom looks with shutters, changing the size of the louvers to meet your needs and creating different looks to suit your aesthetic preferences.
- Shutters are versatile and can be used in a many different ways. Depending on the location of your shutters, you might need them to be UV resistant or waterproof. Unlike most other window treatments, shutters come in a range of materials suitable for whichever environment they’ll inhabit. They’re perfect for sliding glass doors, French doors, and oddly shaped windows.
- Shutters help keep outdoor conditions outside of your home. In addition to allowing you to control the amount of light and privacy afforded by your windows, shutters provide a layer of protection against UV rays and unwanted noise. You’ll enjoy a peaceful home with furniture and flooring that’s less likely to fade. Shutters also provide insulation by adding a thick layer between your home interior and your bare windows.
- Shutters can help keep your kids and pets safe. You don’t have to worry about dangerous cords, and they’re better able to stand up to tugging and pulling than draperies. What’s more, shutters are easy to clean, just by lightly vacuuming or wiping with a cloth.
- Shutters provide a high return on investment. Sure, they are typically a little more expensive than other window treatment options. However, custom shutters give a look of timeless quality to your home that makes it more appealing to potential buyers. What’s more, because they’re durable and raise your home’s energy efficiency, they’ll save you money while you own the home as well as bringing in more money when the time comes to put your house on the market. When properly maintained, shutters never lose their value, last a long time, and never go out of style.
When you’re looking for custom window shutters, shades, or blinds, trust Value Blinds and Shutters for high-quality products from top manufacturers, including a wide selection of Hunter Douglas window coverings. For over 20 years, our factory-trained team has served homes and businesses all over Douglas County, CO, offering free in-home consultations and a showroom where customers can see our large selection of window treatments. Call 720-606-6178, contact us to schedule a consultation, or visit our showroom Monday through Friday.