Dressing Up Your Windows in the New Year
Windows without coverings can look a little bare. They also offer no control over lighting or privacy. Whether you just moved or you’re ready to refresh your window coverings for 2022, get inspired by these ideas to dress up your windows in the new year.
- Add texture with bamboo Roman shades: Bamboo is a popular material for Roman shades because it complements many design styles and adds beautiful, natural texture to the room.
- Replace your flimsy blinds with high-end composite wood blinds: Wood blinds are gorgeous, but they can be a bit pricy. Then, vinyl blinds can withstand moisture and direct sunlight, but they don’t have the warmth of real wood. As a combination of wood and vinyl, composite window blinds offer the best of both worlds.
- Save energy with insulating honeycomb shades: Maybe you have a new year’s resolution to spend less on your energy bills in 2022. Honeycomb shades can help you reach your goal by reducing heat transfer through the glass by up to 40%, keeping your home warm and comfortable while running the furnace less.
- Treat yourself to plantation shutters: Did you splurge on your loved ones this holiday season? It’s time to give yourself a treat by upgrading to gorgeous plantation shutters. These window coverings are among the most secure, customizable, and energy-efficient options for dressing up your windows in the new year.
- Reduce glare with roller shades: Do you love the bright light that floods your living room, but the glare makes it hard to read or watch TV comfortably? Roller shades could be the perfect window dressing for you. With multiple layers, you can control when you want to darken or black out the room.
- Dress up your sidelights: Does your front door have windows on one or both sides? Dress it up and improve privacy by installing narrow curtains, shades, shutters, or blinds. This way, you can access natural light when you want without guests being able to peer inside.
- Update your vertical blinds: Standard vertical blinds installed on sliding glass doors often leave something to be desired. Dress up your door with beautiful vertical shades in numerous colors, patterns, and materials to complement your design style.
- Modernize your home with motorized window coverings: Have you always wanted automated control of your window blinds or shades? Motorized options let you open and close your window coverings with the touch of a button. You can even create schedules and routines using your mobile device.
If you decide to dress up your windows in the new year, turn to Value Blinds & Shutters for great prices on name-brand window coverings. We have supplied and installed the highest quality window shutters, blinds, and shades for over 18 years. To request a free in-home consultation in the Denver area, please call us at 303-663-8120 or contact us online. You can also visit our showroom in Castle Rock on weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm.