Plantation Shutters in Denver, CO
Plantation shutters have been in use nearly as long as fabricated human dwellings. Whether used to cover the exterior of windows or to provide privacy and insulation from within, shutters are a versatile and handsome addition to any home. Today, interior shutters continue to grow in popularity, thanks to their energy-saving and aesthetic properties. If you’re looking for plantation shutters for your home, Value Blinds and Shutters carries a wide variety of Hunter Douglas shutters near Castle Rock.
Plantation shutters are among the most attractive and visually appealing types of window treatments. In addition to being an environmentally friendly option, shutters have a unique and idiosyncratic appearance that lends a distinctive touch of individuality and character to any setting. They can also be incorporated into your entire home décor; you can choose a material and a color that will complement the rest of your room. Shutters can provide the essential finishing touch to any room.
When you work with the staff at Value Blinds and Shutters, we’ll go above and beyond to help you find a set of shutters that will work well with the décor and design of your home. Shutters are available in a number of different materials, including:
- Wood: High-quality wood such as Bass Cedar is both eco-friendly and durable, and these shutters should hold up well for many decades.
- Faux wood/composite: Faux wood shutters, also known as composite shutters, have the toughness of polymer but the classic look of wood, so they’re a great alternative to genuine wood.
- Vinyl: The most cost-effective shutter option, vinyl is a durable material available in a wide array of colors, so it’s easy to find a set that will match your home décor.
Types of Shutters We Offer
Wood shutters are some of the most attractive and elegant options we have available. Their warm and welcoming appearance can make any room inviting. It is important to note, however, that wood shutters are not best for humid or heavily-sunlit areas. Faux wood and composite shutters are an excellent option for rooms that receive heavy sunlight or high humidity, such as bathrooms and laundry rooms. Looking for a traditional or vintage look? New plantation shutters are the option for you! Each of these options can be custom designed and will be installed at no extra cost.
HD Composite Woods
Wood: Stained or Painted
Can be used on:
Windows, doors, sliding glass doors, and French doors
Arches and specialty shapes available
Colors: White and Wood Tones available
Slat size: 2.5″, 3.5″, 4.5″
Operating System (tilt bars): Standard or “Hidden” aka TruView
Frame types: Several to choose from
Installing Shutters in Denver, CO
When it comes to window coverings, shutters add a touch of elegance and refinement due to their traditional appearance. On the other hand, they can be edgy or modern when stained or paired with certain drapes and valences. Shutters are versatile as well as functional, fitting into any room or window with our custom designs. Value Blinds and Shutters offers the highest quality, name-brand shutters at the best prices in town, and we custom design and install each new shutter to fit your windows and décor. Our professionals can help you choose the perfect option to fit your style and needs.
Caring for Your Shutters
Whether your shutters are brand new or many years old, you can keep them looking their best with proper cleaning. Most shutters need only spot cleaning from time to time, supplemented by regular dusting. If you’d like to learn more about shutter installation or shutter care near Castle Rock, CO, contact Value Blinds and Shutters today.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners on your shutters, regardless of the material from which they are made. Harsh cleaners can damage your shutters, causing discoloration, cracks, or other cosmetic issues.
- The best supplies for cleaning faux wood or vinyl shutters include a solution of warm water and dish soap and soft microfiber towels. Rinse away any soap with a second cloth dipped in clean water; if your home has hard water, use bottled or distilled water to avoid leaving watermarks on your shutters when you are finished.
- If you have real wood shutters, don’t use water to clean them. Instead, use an appropriate wood polish solution and a dry cloth for dusting and cleaning. For stubborn stains, a soft cleaning toothbrush can be used to scrub away dirt.
- Dust your shutters once a week using your vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment. Tilt the slats up and run the hose over them to remove dust, then tilt them down and repeat.
Contact Value Blinds and Shutters
Our company has the largest selection of blinds, shades, and shutters throughout Douglas County. Our prices are up to 60% less than retail prices, so don’t bother walking into a home improvement store or independent retailer. Value Blinds and Shutters will bring a mobile showroom directly to your home so that you can see exactly what our products will look like once installed. We offer a free in-home estimate, as well as free measuring and installation. Specials might also be available to you.